Quetta: Four of a family die of suffocation

0
File Photo
Five people, including a woman and three children, died of suffocation during the last 24 hours in the provincial capital.
 
The latest incident on Saturday claimed the life of a woman, who slept in her room without turning off the gas heater. The incident took place at a house located in Najeeb Street on Jan Muhammad Road, reported Pakistan’s leading daily Dawn News.
 
Police said gas accumulated in the room causing the death of the unidentified woman.
 
Earlier, a man and his three children died under similar circumstances. Abdul Salam, his wife and their four children aged 2 to 6 years were brought to the Civil Hospital from Pashtoonabad area, reported the daily.
 
Doctors declared Abdul Salam and three children dead and admitted his wife and two-year-old daughter Habiba in an unconscious state. `The condition of the mother and daughter is serious,` hospital sources said.
 
Abdul Salam forgot to turn off the heater before going to sleep along with his family that caused the tragedy.
 
The three children were identified as Ahmed Khan, Nosheen and Raheema.